The Data Scientist will drive and participate in the design and implementation of algorithms working with the retail and supply chain data, both for online and brick-n-mortar stores.
This needs in-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and practices, and includes understanding business requirements, conducting advanced data analysis, designing algorithms, providing algorithm specifications and also the corresponding tweaking/tuning guidelines.
Also the data scientist should co-operate closely with developers and data engineers in order to have algorithms implemented finally as product and can be deployed to the cloud platform for serving multiple customers in a scale and flexible way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyze the various data sets, based on the business goal, find the characteristics of the data and create proper advanced models for them. This involves the analyzing of the business use case, the selection of the data needed, the pre-processing of the data, feature engineering, model selection and their training/tests, validation of the algorithm, and final delivery of the algorithm.
Tweaking/tuning the model for better accuracy, performance, etc.
• Master Degree or higher in Statistics with courses completed on the Machine Learning, Statistics, Prediction algorithms and/or related areas.
• 2+ years of Working experiences on industrial analytical areas especially big data analytics (Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis).
• Knowledge and experiences in the supply chain area is very preferred.
• Having knowledge on the Statistics, Predictive Analysis and Modeling, Machine Learning and/or related areas, and having projected completed on those areas.
• Familiar with R and/or Python programming, can use R/Python to create analysis programs using linear regression, pattern recognition, machine learning methods.
• Having basic SQL knowledge and skills, can write SQL queries for retrieving the data from the data repository DB.
• Experiences in elastic computing platform is preferred such as Scala programming on Spark.
• Having knowledge and experiences on Software Engineering is a plus.
• Having data visualization and representation skills.
• Experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations / policies.
• A team-worker, willing to work with colleagues.